DUNGEON TO DREAM HOUSE
Renovation budget: €50,000 / Actual spend: €52,000
Project Plan: 6 months / Actual Project: 6 months
A local actress and artist looking for quirky but comfortable living space in an inspirational location.
The house was in a very dilapidated state and extremely dark. The challenge was to introduce as much light into the house as possible as well as keep all the original features.
What the project required
• Extensive construction works – replacing groundfloor with a partially glass floor to allow light into the basement, rebuilding room on the roof, creating a mezzanine over the main stairwell, opening up several walls in order to allow more light into the rooms.
• Replastering and painting throughout the property
• New plumbing and electricity throughout
• Tiling, restoration of old apertures, installation of underfloor heating
3Cities Renovations services for this project included:
• Monitoring budgets and time frames
• Coordinating all concerned parties to ensure a smooth transition from one stage to the next
• Sourcing the most cost-effective solutions for finishings in order to stick to the budget
• Coordination with local authorities for permits
• Interior design